Understanding the tax impact on business operations and transactions in multiple jurisdictions is vital for a company’s survival. With the increasing concentration on governance and regulation, tax compliance has become so important that compliance failure represents not only a financial risk — financial penalties and possible increase in the tax liability, but may also cause a serious business risk, as it can damage the taxpayer's reputation with the authorities and the public. To remain competitive, companies are increasingly aiming on their core competencies and activities that create value for the company rather than these ancillary matters, which can be handled from experts of their fields.
For both domestic businesses and multi-national companies, compliance with an increasing number of tax laws, more corroborated and coordinated enforcement by tax authorities, and ongoing staffing constraints continue to be a challenge. As Companies are expanding their business operations into new markets, the complexity of managing tax risks and complying with reporting requirements multiplies.
An integrated tax services can help companies achieve their goal of high quality, lower-cost compliance. In addition, these give businesses enhanced visibility into more global information that may be useful to them in strategic decision-making.
BDO delivers deep knowledge of tax and statutory requirements as well as a breadth of experience applying them worldwide. We also offer competent, worthy tax compliance services, including co-sourcing and outsourcing options. We also provide tax consulting, advisory and cross-border restructuring support services from conceptualization of the tax strategy through analysis of tax and regulatory implications of transactions and finally implementation assistance, from the perspectives of domestic law and the international tax treaty network.
Our range of services in the area of corporate taxation includes:
- Advisory services including determination of income and chargeability of tax, exemptions, and withholding tax matters.
- Advisory services in respect of tax implications of proposed business transactions.
- Advising tax beneficial restructuring in relation to national and international Mergers & Acquisition transactions.
- Tax due diligence before mergers and acquisition transactions in relation to the corporate income tax.
- Corporate tax compliance services relating to corporate taxation.
- Representations before field tax authorities.
- Representations before the Federal Board of Revenue, the apex regulatory body in Pakistan.
- Representations in appeals.
- Representing clients at different tax administrative forums.